Friday, May 28, 2010

Salt Cay, March 2007

Salt Cay, March 13-18, 2007 Salt Cay, March 2007

This is a new photo of an old collection: 3 years ago my husband and I went on a diving trip to Salt Cay in the Turks and Caicos. He dives, I don't. I had 5 days of intense, day-long solitary beachcombing with breaks for fantastic meals with him and the other divers at the local cafe. In other words, it was my idea of heaven. Salt Cay is pretty small and out-of-the-way, so there wasn't a lot of competition for the beaches. Every twist of the coast brought a different kind of treasure. In one area there were conch shells tossed up by the tide, and in another, hundreds of sea fans. This is about half of my sea fan collection: I couldn't fit any more on my table! (The collection above measured about 35" x 24".)

Sea fans, coral. The tallest is about 20" high.

No comments:

Post a Comment