Monday, August 2, 2010

Non Sequitur

And now for something completely different! Inspired by this post over at Color Me Katie, one of the most cheerful blogs ever, we had a Cake Day over here. 
2 girls age 9  +  2 boys age 12  +  2 cakes  +  2 bags of marshmallows  +  4 tubes of colored icing  +  4 tubs of white frosting  +  4 bags of assorted gummy candies  +  unlimited food coloring  =
Gummyland!
My son even figured out how to make a working swing out of toothpicks and gumdrops and a Hershey bar. Check this out!

By the end of the (swelteringly hot) day our hair was sticky, our tongues were green, and I for one do not need to even smell frosting for another month - It was AWESOME! Thank you, Color Me Katie!


P.S. I have all my light bulbs and the extension attachment for the tripod, and thought I could settle down to work, but the extension broke and I am working on Plan B. I'm gonna take me some great photographs. Any day now, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment