Monday, August 9, 2010

The Bluffs, July 13, 2010

The Bluffs, July 13, 2010

Phew! It's the last photo of the stuff from the Bluffs! Here's the current procedure: turn camera on, set to highest quality photo, set white balance, set exposure, set aperture, climb step ladder, brace elbows at sides or on ladder if possible, hold breath, snap photo. Download to computer, check effect of arrangement, (almost always) fiddle with arrangement and repeat the photo procedure. Repeat until satisfied. Check resolution, crop, brighten and color-check in Photoshop. I hope that when I get my tripod I'll be able to do this without a flash, but for now I'm pretty pleased. I'm sending out an order for this, the crab shells and the sea urchins at 10x10 to check the quality. If they look good, I'm going to take a deep breath and start visiting galleries. 

I'm going to start including the species name (if I can figure it out) of the things i find. In the photo are: green sea urchins (Strongylocentrotus drobachiensis), crab shells, waved whelk shells (Buccinum undatum), mussel shells (Mytilus edulis), a shotgun shell, soda can top, plastic name tag (probably from lobster trap), rocks, car light cover, plastic things that look like they were tips for something long and round, sea glass, piece of styrofoam lobster buoy, sea brick,  and a plastic bottle top.

No comments:

Post a Comment