Friday, March 25, 2011

Harborview Park, March 15, 2011

Harborview Park, March 15, 2011 (Beachcombing series No.29) available to purchase here.
(I wrote this right after I got back from beachcombing, but once again it has taken ages to compose and take the photograph, so the weather details are slightly out of date.)
It was 18°F when I woke up this morning, 23°F when I hit the beach around 8am, and by the time I limped home with frozen toes, it was a balmy 34°. The ice dripping down the concrete seawall from a storm drain looked like gargoyles:

But oh what a treasure trove I found today! You don't really understand how much crap is in the ocean until you comb the same beach regularly. I was just here a few days ago, and yet look at all the new stuff. The special of the day was apparently old blue-and-white china. And my second marble ever (the first was plain white and unphotographable), and PINK sea glass! A little closer to broken glass than I'd like, but unquestionably pink. What a haul! I'm rubbing my hands together with glee as I survey the pile.

On the other hand, I think I have enough sea glass re-collected that I'd better get down to the business of setting up a new series of sea glass photos. I'm procrastinating for some reason.
Probably because I have yet to take a really great sea glass photo and I'm afraid that even with my fancy new camera it will elude me.  Humph. Fear of failure is such a lame excuse. Right-ho, first thing in the morning!


 One last ice photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment