Saturday, May 22, 2010

'Collections' series, continued

Hulls Cove, May 20, 2010
About 45 minutes of casual 'combing. Sea glass, 'sea china,' copper fragment, pebble, shell.


Hulls Cove, May 13, 2010
"Hulls Cove, May 13, 2010"  
About an hour of focused hunting. Sea glass, beach stones, china fragments, driftwood, periwinkle shells, mussel shells, other shells, 'sea brick,' and something that might be a sea sponge or might be weird trash.

The light box is working very well - well enough that I'm considering an experiment with colored backgrounds. All of these shots required some finessing in Photoshop to adjust the white balance, since I can't figure out how to do that on my camera. I use an Olympus Stylus 800, which was an amazing camera for its size when I bought it 6 or 7 years ago. It still is! If I get sucked any further into photography, though, I'll have to finally start paying real attention to the mechanical side of it, and I have a sinking feeling I may need a more complicated camera. Do I really want to go there? Do I want to be a photographer? Or am I an artist who takes pictures?

No comments:

Post a Comment