Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hulls Cove, February 9, 2011


The nice soft powdery snow I fell into on my last visit here has hardened and iced over, so I bypassed the direct scramble down the rocky bluff and took a more roundabout path to the beach. Even at the lower end of the bluff climbing down was a bit dicey. The snow is hard enough you can't tap at it to see how deep it is, but it isn't hard enough to take your full weight. Climbing down the rocks means keeping your weight on the uphill leg as long as possible while slowly adding pressure to the downhill leg, trying to find the rock below. Phew, I get tired just thinking about it.

I beachcomb here a lot, because the main road goes right by and I can just stop by between errands. It's a convenience beach! Not quite a drive-through.

Looking in the other direction you see the Chart House Restaurant pier and the wide delta where the stream comes out:

No comments:

Post a Comment