Friday, April 8, 2011

The Jealous Curator

I love the Jealous Curator's blog. Her tagline "I know it's good when I'm left thinking DAMN I wish I thought of that" resonates with an awful lot of people, including me. I often look at other artists' work and think exactly those words. Being gobsmacked by someone else's stuff can make you feel awfully insecure about your own work. Danielle's grace is that she's turned the whole phrase on its head, from an expression of jealousy to one of whole-hearted admiration. Plus she finds the MOST amazing work! I always look forward to her posts.

And I really wish I had written this little tribute months ago, because now I AM ON HER BLOG, and feeling incredibly cocky and humble at the same time. Have you ever felt that? This peculiar mix of "Damn, I'm good" and "Who, me, are you sure?" At any rate I am thrilled and honored to be there, and it really is a great blog so you should click on over and see some of the fantastic art she's gathered from around the world. And then you should go here and see her own wonderful work.

Thank you, Jealous Curator!

No comments:

Post a Comment