Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Burning Tree, an amazing restaurant here on Mount Desert Island was looking for artwork recently. Because their walls are panelled in a very warm wood which looks best with oranges and reds, and also because they grow most of their own produce and specialize in local seafood, I looked through my work for crustaceans. We ended up choosing to print the crab photos at 20"x20" and framed them in black shadowboxes.
I tried to get photos of the installation, but no matter where I stood there were glaring reflections. It was exciting to see my little crabs blown up so big! You can see the patterns and textures of the shells so clearly.
I also hung some 5"x5" prints under the wall sconces. These are in 9" square frames with white mats.
 Hope you all get lots of fresh produce and seafood this summer!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful. They look great on the warm wood paneling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your works are so decorative! Did you use Ribba frames from Ikea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anke, Yes, the frames are from Ikea. It's very hard to find nice-looking square frames without having them custom made. The nearest Ikea is 6 hours away, so I had a mini-road trip to go fetch these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought them too! Because of the price and because they are straight. I like the square size. They are good for photos but for my collages I ordered some made of pine from a carpenter - stability.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And congratulations for having an exhibition!

    ReplyDelete