Monday, June 3, 2013

I've been translated into Gallifreyan

Deconstructed Pocket Watches

Much to my astonishment, one of my photos was posted on the Dr. Who tumblr, where someone thinks this looks like Gallifreyan writing. Dr. Who is one of those shows I've been meaning to watch for years. I probably first started intending to watch it in the late 70s, and have been a regular non-watcher ever since, so I have no idea what Gallifreyan letters look like. But in one of those peculiar coincidences novelists like so much, I have a two-day series of medical tests coming up that will leave me alone in a hotel room in another city, and I had just announced to my friends that I plan to use the time to catch up on Dr. Who. So by the end of next month I may be able to say whether the Tumblr comment was true or not.

Incidentally, the photo has been re-posted 4,236 times so far, which unquestionably means it has been orphaned from the original link and is floating out in cyberspace, and I am kicking myself for not having put my name on it. I started signing everything I post online about a year ago, but haven't gone back to update older work. Ah well, if you see these watches in your internet travels, say hi for me, ok?

1 comment: