Monday, March 22, 2010

The Places I've Been


I like to travel. If you read the post about flea markets you probably noticed that. I got curious and started sorting through my travels. Here's what I found out. I have been to:

27 states and 3 territories in the USA
Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii (but I was a baby), Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington D.C.; Guam, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands (St. Thomas)
I've driven through Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Tennessee, and West Virginia.

18 other countries and 3 foreign territories
Antigua, Canada, China, Curacao, Egypt, England, Finland, France, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Morocco, Panama, Russia/Siberia (U.S.S.R. at the time), Turks & Caicos, Taiwan; Bermuda (UK), Hong Kong (UK at the time, now China), Martinique (France).

That makes 5 continents so far. I'd like to make it 7, but Antarctica is prohibitively expensive. Still, who knows? Maybe when the kids have been to college and the house is paid for....

2 comments:

  1. Antartica? Just you and me. Maybe I can go diving. -Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless the kids are earning enough to pay their own way... And if you go diving in Antarctica (brrr) we have to invest in a really good underwater camera!

    ReplyDelete