Monday, November 7, 2011

The Bluffs, October 26, 2011

The Bluffs, Bar Harbor, Maine; October 26, 2011 (Beachcombing series No.53)
I've been drawn to ropes lately. I always pick as many of them off the beach as I can, since a lot of animals can get tangled in them. As you may have noticed, I often incorporate the smaller knots into these photos. But ever since Valley Cove, I've been wanting to play with the calligraphic sweep of the larger ropes. I may have to abandon the grid entirely one of these days, and let them go wild. They come in such amazing colors, too, and the algae that grow on them give a wonderful patina to the gaudy shades. 
Ropes & Tags, The Bluffs, Bar Harbor, Maine; October 26, 2011
On this expedition I also found a wider variety of the plastic tags. (I think these were originally attached to lobster traps. If you know for sure, tell me in the comments, please!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment