Friday, May 17, 2013

Beachcombing series No.68: The Shore Path, November 3, 2012

The Shore Path, Bar Harbor, Maine; November 3, 2012 (Beachcombing series No.68)
Well now, here's the very last Beachcombing still life from 2012, number 68. After number 67 sat on my light table for six months I felt guilty, somehow, as if I'd been procrastinating on a process that should have been much more efficient. But when I finally got the test prints back, I really really liked the photo. It seemed brighter and more balanced and somehow more satisfying than many I did last year. And I like this one a lot. So maybe my object-arranging-mojo needed a break. I spent a lot of the winter inland, too. You'll have noticed there are photos of snowstorms and beavers and fox cubs and frog eggs, but there haven't been any beaches yet this year. It certainly wasn't a conscious decision, just that when I've wandered, my feet have been going into the swamps and the woods this spring rather than down to the shore. But a couple of weeks ago I took a mini-vacation with my sister and we spent two days walking along the coast in Ogunquit, Maine. It's taken me a long time to edit all the photos, but very soon you'll get a nice, long post full of views of southern Maine beaches. It was so exotic - they have sand over there!


Common Periwinkle (Littorina littorea), driftwood, schist and granite beach stones, lobster-claw band, Dog Whelk (Thais lapillus), White Pine cone (Pinus strobus), Rockweed (I think it's Fucus distichus) covered with Coiled Tube Worms (Spirorbis spirillum), rope, Blue Mussel (Mytilus edulis), Red Pine cone (Pinus resinosa), Coralline (Corallina officinalis), sea brick.

No comments:

Post a Comment